Computer Security Fundamentals
- List Price$63.99
- Your price$57.59
Save $6.40 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 26400 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Welcome to today’s most useful and practical one-volume introduction to computer security. Chuck Easttom brings together up-to-the-minute coverage of all basic concepts, terminology, and issues, along with all the skills you need to get started in the field. Drawing on his extensive experience as a security instructor and consultant, Easttom thoroughly covers core topics, such as vulnerability assessment, virus attacks, hacking, spyware, network defense, passwords, firewalls, VPNs, and intrusion detection. Writing clearly and simply, he fully addresses crucial issues that many introductory security books ignore, from industrial espionage to cyberbullying.
Computer Security Fundamentals, Second Edition is packed with tips and examples, all extensively updated for the state-of-the-art in both attacks and defense. Each chapter offers exercises, projects, and review questions designed to deepen your understanding and help you apply all you’ve learned. Whether you’re a student, a system or network administrator, a manager, or a law enforcement professional, this book will help you protect your systems and data and expand your career options.
Learn how to
- Identify the worst threats to your network and assess your risks
- Get inside the minds of hackers, so you can prevent their attacks
- Implement a proven layered approach to network security
- Use basic networking knowledge to improve security
- Resist the full spectrum of Internet-based scams and frauds
- Defend against today’s most common Denial of Service (DoS) attacks
- Prevent attacks by viruses, spyware, and other malware
- Protect against low-tech social engineering attacks
- Choose the best encryption methods for your organization
- Select firewalls and other security technologies
- Implement security policies that will work in your environment
- Scan your network for vulnerabilities
- Evaluate potential security consultants
- Understand cyberterrorism and information warfare
- Master basic computer forensics and know what to do after you’re attacked
- Pearson Education, December 2011
Pearson IT Certification
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: