by U. K Misra
- List Price$12.67
- Your price$12.09
Save $0.58 (5% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 6000 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Clinical Neurophysiology is aimed at bedside clinical application of neurophysiological tests, with emphasis on clinical problem solving. Highly illustrated format including line diagrams, clinical photographs, CT scan and MRI pictures with corresponding neurophysiological findings is a special feature of this book.
Clinical Neurophysiology is written by clinicians for fellow clinicians. This book will be useful to all those ordering, conducting or interpreting electrodiagnostic tests, especially students and clinicians in the areas of neurology, neurosurgery, and pediatrics.
The exposition is systematically organized into the following three parts:
Nerve Conduction: It discusses the basis of electrodiagnostic signals and their measurements. The techniques of performing nerve conduction tests of various nerves have been illustrated with a series of simple line diagrams.
Electromyography: It deals with the basis of EMG signals, their recording and interpretation. The application of myography in various myopathies and neurogenic disorders has been discussed in detail. A review of single fiber electromyography is included.
Evoked Potentials: This covers visual, brainstem, somatosensory and motor evoked potentials.
New to this Edition
- Three chapters: Electrodiagnosis in Pediatric Practice, Cognitive Evoked Potential, and Role of Clinical Neurophysiology in Prognosis of Neuromuscular Disorders.
- Updation of all chapters in the light of recent advances in genetics, immunology, molecular diagnosis, and neurophysiology.
- Extensive revision of Electromyography, Clinical Application of Electromyography and Nerve Conduction, and Repetitive Nerve Stimulation.
- Many additional illustrations highlighting the clinical applications of various tests.
- Elsevier Health Sciences APAC, June 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: