A Historical Introduction
- List Price$46.95
- Your price$42.29
Save $4.66 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 19600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
The story of Christian thought is essential to understanding Christian faith today and the last two millennia of world history. This fresh and lively introduction explores the central ideas, persons, events, and movements that gave rise to Christian thought, from early beginnings to its present forms. By highlighting the important but often neglected role of women and the influence of non-Christian ideas and movements, this book provides a broader context for understanding the history of Christian ideas and their role in shaping our world. This work chronicles the impressive developments of Christian thinking which arose from these contexts and have transcended the ages.
- provides an overview of the context of Christianity’s origin, including discussion of the influence of Hebrews, Greeks, and Romans in the ancient world and the founding figures of Jesus and Paul
- explores the major events and figures of the history of Christian thought, while drawing attention to significant voices which have often been suppressed
- analyses the impact on Christian thought of widely discussed events such as The Great Schism, the Scientific Revolution, and Modernism
- surveys contemporary trends such as fundamentalism, feminism, and postmodernism.
Complete with illustrations, timelines and maps, this is an ideal resource for anyone wanting to learn more about the development of Christian thought and its influence over the centuries.
- Taylor and Francis, June 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: