Chinese Pediatric Massage
A Practitioner's Guide
- List Price$45.00
- Your price$35.99
Save $9.01 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 18800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
• A leading practitioner of Chinese medicine provides Western therapists with a comprehensive, illustrated handbook for the noninvasive treatment of childhood conditions.
• Provides alternatives to Western medicine that are more tolerable to children and better for their long-term health.
• With over 200 drawings and photographs to guide practitioners through the massage treatments in the text.
• A valuable addition to the repertoire of any health practitioner.
A noninvasive alternative to conventional Western medicine, Chinese pediatric massage provides practitioners with greater flexibility in choosing a successful course of treatment to improve the health and energy of children without overwhelming their systems. Chinese pediatric massage has fewer side effects than other forms of treatment, making it more tolerable for children, easier on their parents, and more effective in improving the patient's long-term health.
This clearly illustrated guide is designed to give all health care providers--massage therapists, homeopathic and allopathic practitioners, and bodyworkers--who know the general concepts of traditional Chinese medicine the tools and knowledge they need to successfully use Chinese pediatric massage in treating their patients. Effective on children from birth through preadolescence, Chinese pediatric massage is a valuable therapeutic addition to the repertoire of any practitioner. It considers how a child's energetic framework differs from that of an adult, and accounts for these physiological and anatomical differences through assessment, point locations, and treatment.
- Inner Traditions/Bear & Company, February 2000
Healing Arts Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: