A Tale of Business in the New World
A thoroughly modern global business story
In the spirit of James Clavell, China Fortunes is a vast and sweeping story that addresses one of the hottest topics of the day, Chinese business.
From a chaotic start in China to an embezzling Chinese company president on the run in Manilla, this book follows the monetary ups and downs of Jack Davis, an American financier drawn to the great Asian nation by the wealth of opportunities that accompanied the opening of the country to outsiders.
- Traces the beginnings of China's entry into the industrial age, as it hesitantly embraced capitalism while enthusiastically chased foreign dollars
- Takes readers through the bond trading floors of Wall Street to the opaque world of investment boutiques, market crashes and business failures, IPOs, failing marriages, and multi-national hydro electric deals
- Written by a leading China businessman with deep connections in China and beyond
Drawing on the experiences of one of the first western investment bankers to do business in China, this exciting tale brings you up close to the rising fortunes and risky business of the Middle Kingdom.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by John D. Kuhns
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
At Kobo, we try to ensure that published reviews do not contain rude or profane language, spoilers, or any of our reviewer's personal information.
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by John D. Kuhns
Thanks for Sharing!
You submitted the following rating and review. We'll publish them on our site once we've reviewed them.
by on October 24, 2016
- Wiley, December 2010
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: