C# Database Basics
- List Price$16.99
- Your price$13.59
Save $3.40 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 7600 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Working with data and databases in C# certainly can be daunting if you’re coming from VB6, VBA, or Access. With this hands-on guide, you’ll shorten the learning curve considerably as you master accessing, adding, updating, and deleting data with C#—basic skills you need if you intend to program with this language.
No previous knowledge of C# is necessary. By following the examples in this book, you’ll learn how to tackle several database tasks in C#, such as working with SQL Server, building data entry forms, and using data in a web service. The book’s code samples will help you get started on your own projects.
- Create a Windows Forms application with a datagrid
- Connect to multiple data sources, including Access and SQL Server
- Add, edit, and update data in a database you choose and design
- Enable users to choose their data source at runtime
- Learn the roles of DataTable, DataView, BindingSource, Filters, and other objects
- Understand where variables are declared and how they impact the code
- Build a simple web service that connects to a database
- O'Reilly Media, January 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: