Becoming a Solution Detective
A Strengths-Based Guide to Brief Therapy
- List Price$39.95
- Your price$35.99
Save $3.96 (10% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 16800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
If you are interested in making your practice solution-focused quickly and effectively, look no further than this text. The authors, co-founders of the Brief Therapy Group, demystify the process of psychotherapy, making the concept of solution-based therapy accessible and relevant for newcomers to the field and for professionals seeking to apply SFBT principles in their own practices. The book’s hands-on approach allows practitioners to adopt the authors' simple, self-teaching style and apply it to their work with clients. Practical information is included on:
- the differences between the solution-based approach and traditional therapy
- establishing a successful therapeutic alliance with clients
- determining detailed, meaningful goals for the client
- mapping the client’s journey to a solution
- possible “dead ends” in applying this type of therapy
- and much more!
As an academic textbook, it is ideal for individual study in a variety of courses, including social work, counseling, nursing, psychology, education, and any other helping professions.
- Taylor and Francis, May 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: