Traditional Indian Techniques for Balancing Body and Mind
- List Price$19.95
- Your price$15.99
Save $3.96 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Ayurvedic Massage is the first book on the subject, and the first new massage therapy introduced to the West since shiatsu. One of the oldest systems of medicine in the world, Ayurveda views the human being as intimately connected with the environment and all other life forms. Ayurvedic massage works on both the physical and mental levels, transmitting a life-giving energy that assists all systems of the body to repair and renew themselves. Practitioners concentrate on the marmas, subtle energy points that respond to gentle physical manipulation, and work with the needs of the different body types. The author guides both the novice and experienced practitioner through each step in the full body massage and explains which oils work best for particular body types.
• Includes massage techniques for expectant mothers and their babies.
• Outlines techniques and natural remedies for treating specific disorders, including arthritis, rheumatism, sciatica, and insomnia.
• Offers a complete guide to the traditional forty-day beauty treatment as practiced in India, and includes recipes for massage oils, facial creams, and beautifying clay baths.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Harish Johari
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Harish Johari
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 22, 2016
- Inner Traditions/Bear & Company, July 1996
Healing Arts Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: