Around the World in 80 Scams: an Essential Travel Guide
by Peter John
People come in two kinds: travellers and those who are missing out.
From Cambodia to The Caymans and Arizona to Zimbabwe - travelling has never been easier or more popular. From two week jaunts to gap year meanderings, and for people on all budgets, glorious opportunities exist in all corners of the world. Unfortunately, travelling also presents openings for the less principled people out there.
Every year, thousands of people fall victim to various scams, crimes and confidence tricks while they travel. Most people escape having simply lost a little money, but many lose much more, and some encounter real personal danger. Of course, despite the hazards people should not stop travelling - people just need to get smart.
This essential book is a practical, focused, and detailed guide to eighty of the most common scams and crimes travellers might encounter. It is packed with real-world examples drawn from resources across the globe and the author’s own travels. Being aware of scammers' tricks is the best way of avoiding them altogether. Forewarned is forearmed.
Who this book is for:
This book is for anybody who travels and wants to avoid being scammed. From new travellers to more experienced voyagers; even lifelong travellers will discover new information in this book that will help protect them from trouble.
What you will learn:
- Learn scammer ‘tricks of the trade’, and how to avoid them.
- Includes: online scams, forex scams, timeshare scams, ebay scams and more.
- Understand how common scams are, and where they are most likely to be found.
- Develop vigilance for high risk people, activities and environments.
- Packed with real life advice, insights, and examples.
- Ample margins for reader notes.
- Includes a support website (coming soon) for sharing information and staying up-to-date.
- Bennion Kearny, April 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (DRM-Free)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: