Seventeen Strategies for Controlling Hostility That Can Harm Your Health
Anger kills. We’re speaking here not about the anger that drives people to shoot, stab, or otherwise wreak havoc on their fellow humans. We mean instead the everyday sort of anger, annoyance, and irritation that courses through the minds and bodies of many perfectly normal people.
• If your immediate impulse when faced with everyday delays or frustrations—elevators that don’t immediately arrive at your floor, slow-moving supermarket lines, dawdling drivers, rude teenagers, broken vending machines—is to blame somebody;
• If this blaming quickly sparks your ire toward the offender;
• If your ire often manifests itself in aggressive action;
then, for you, getting angry is like taking a small dose of some slow-acting poison—arsenic, for example—every day of your life. And the result is often the same: Not tomorrow, perhaps, or even the day after, but sooner than most of us would wish, your hostility is more likely to harm your health than will be the case for your friend whose personality is not tinged by the tendencies to cynicism, anger, and aggression just described.
In Anger Kills, learn how to recognize the symptoms of chronic anger in yourself, avoid feelings of hostility, and deal with hostility from others.
Ratings and Reviews
Be the first to rate and review this book!
You've already shared your review for this item. Thanks!
We are currently reviewing your submission. Thanks!
by Redford Williams
Share your thoughts
Tell readers what you thought by rating and reviewing this book.
Rate it *
Please make sure to choose a rating
Add a review* Required
How to write a great review
- Say what you liked best and least
- Describe the author's style
- Explain the rating you gave
- Use rude and profane language
- Include any personal information
- Mention spoilers or the book's price
- Recap the plot
(0) 50 characters minimum
The review must be at least 50 characters long.
The title should be at least 4 characters long.
Display Name *
Your display name should be at least 2 characters long.
Report a review
Would you like us to take another look at this review?
You've successfully reported this review. We appreciate your feedback.
by Redford Williams
Thanks for Sharing!
by on October 27, 2016
- Crown/Archetype, November 2012
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: