Amulets and Talismans
Simple Techniques for Creating Meaningful Jewelry
- List Price$24.99
- Your price$19.99
Save $5.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 10800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Making Jewelry with Meaning
The things you collect - the ticket stubs, the coins, the pieces of shell from a beach - hold meaning and significance, reminding you not only where you've been, but also where you're capable of going. Making these items into wearable pieces of art - amplifying their power to become amulets and talismans - is a rewarding experience that's easy to do.
Working with the most basic of tools, you will learn cold-connection jewelry techniques to expand your creative process. In addition to basics like creating jump rings and using a file, you will also:
- Make your own hook and latch clasps
- Cut windows from sheets of metal
- Inlay designs into polymer clay
- Incorporate concrete into your work
- Achieve patinas with heat
- Journal your thoughts onto faux bone
- Turn paper pulp into realistic rocks
- Create "time capsule" beads from Plexiglas
- And much, much more!
- F+W Media, July 2009
North Light Books
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: