Adventures of a Continental Drifter
An Around-the-World Excursion into Weirdness, Danger, Lust, and the Perils of Street Food
In October 2002, Elliott Hester sold his car, abandoned his apartment, and took off alone on a trip around the world, during which he drifted to over fifty destinations. Elliott's tales about his travels range from the bizarre to the hilarious to the flat-out shocking. Travel with him as he:
· Chases off transvestites in the South Pacific
· Gets drunk on Estonian moonshine at the maker's eightieth birthday party
· Impersonates Samuel L. Jackson at the 38th International Film Festival in the Czech Republic
· Ponders the Finnish tradition of sprinting from steamy sauna to plunge into the frigid Baltic Sea—naked!
· And much more.
Only an around-the-world excursion could produce such outlandish, hair-raising, hysterical adventures. And only Elliott Hester could make such vivid observations and write such vibrant insights about life---and people---on the road.
- St. Martin's Press, April 2007
St. Martin's Press
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: