100 Things You Need to Know about Microsoft Windows Vista
by Eric Geier
- List Price$19.99
- Your price$15.99
Save $4.00 (20% off) and earn Kobo Super Points!
You'll see how many points you'll earn before checking out. We'll award them after completing your purchase.
Or, get it for 8800 Kobo Super Points!
See if you have enough points for this eBook. Sign in
Tired of clawing your way through computer books that start at the beginning of recorded history just to find one tiny nugget of information you need? Tired of wrenching your back to pull that massive Windows tome off your bookshelf? Tired of wishing you could find a simple answer to what should be a simple problem? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then 100 Things You Need to Know about Microsoft® Windows Vista™ is just the book you’ve been looking for. Chock full of timesaving tips, heady solutions, and expert know-how, this book doesn’t break the bank nor does it require a Bowflex body to hoist it around. Inside you’ll find step-by-step help for the 100 things every Windows user needs to know when making the big switch between Windows XP and Vista. Even if you’re brand new to Windows (meaning Vista is your first-ever operating system), you’ll find the advice here indispensable. In this book, we assume, for instance, that you really don’t give a hoot about what TCP/IP is. We’re betting you just want to get your Internet connection up and running, and leave the techy muck to the propeller heads.
• Want all the cool new cutting-edge features and interface Windows Vista offers? Well, before you run out and buy the software, you need to ensure your system will support it! We walk you through, step-by-step, how to manually check if your PC and other hardware and software are supported for use with Windows Vista. We show you how to perform common upgrade tasks, if needed, before you install Vista. In addition, we provide tips and procedures on backing up your data.
• Having to choose between five different versions (yes, Vista comes in FIVE flavors!) can be confusing! Don’t sweat it, though--we’ve got you covered. We show you how to decide which flavor of Vista is best suited to you! Then we walk you through installing and setting up Vista for the very first time.
• Next we dig into the new Vista interface, which is quite a change from the old XP! Then we give you a tour of the many new and enhanced features. While you might fancy yourself a wicked-smart Windows user, don’t skip this section! We’re positive you’ll find things you didn’t know that will help you make Vista do thy bidding.
• Don’t like the slick new Vista interface? (Macintosh, anyone?) We show you how to harness the power of Vista while keeping the look and feel of your XP. Who says change has to be painful?
• After you have the basics nailed, we then show you some of the cool things you can do with Vista, from customizing its performance, to disabling annoying security controls, to connecting to a wireless network.
- Pearson Education, November 2007
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: