A Crash Course in SPSS for Windows
Updated for Versions 14, 15, and 16
This quick, simple, and user-friendly introduction to SPSS for Windows has now been updated so that it can be used with Versions 14 to 16 of the software. For this edition, a section has been added on partial correlation, together with new material on sorting, classifying, and coding data, inserting variables and cases, and paneling charts and graphs, and the chapter on charts and graphs has been completely rewritten in line with changes to the SPSS Chart Builder. The supporting website allows data sets used in the book to be downloaded from the Internet and provides additional examples from various social science disciplines.
The fourth edition retains all of the features that have made the text so attractive to students and teachers:
- The material is concise and focused, enabling most users to learn the basics comfortably within 10 hours.
- All the most widely used statistical techniques and graphic facilities in SPSS for Windows are clearly described.
- Every statistical procedure is explained with the help of a step-by-step analysis of a numerical example taken from real data in published research.
- The authors have chosen small data sets so that readers do not waste unnecessary time inputting data.
- Screenshots on the page make it easy for students to cross between the text and the screen.
Online support material to accompany the text is available at www.blackwellpublishing.com/crashcourse/
- Wiley, August 2011
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: