In love with romance novels? You’re not alone! Romance istoday’s most popular fiction genre, accounting for more thanhalf of all mass market fiction sold. If you’re looking tomake a serious effort at writing a romance and getting it publishedin today’s multifaceted markets, you need to learn as much asyou can about this highly successful field—especially how tocreate the perfect heroes and heroines. Now, in this easy,step-by-step guide, a top romance editor gives you the know-how youneed to succeed as a romance novelist!
Writing A Romance Novel For Dummies is perfect for bothbeginning and more accomplished writers who are looking to get theleading edge on writing a romance novel and get it published.Leslie Wainger, Executive Editor at Harlequin Books, explains whatit takes to become the next Nora Roberts, providing the techniquesyou need to:
- Select a pseudonym
- Write a compelling, heartfelt story
- Find the right agent and publisher
- Submit a manuscript
- Market your novel
- Join clubs and associations
Packed with insider advice, this plain-English guide helps yougrasp the building blocks of a great romance, providing practicaltips on the craft of writing as well as savvy pointers on how tohook your reader from page one, write with passion, and shape aproposal that will wow agents and editors. You get lots of experttips on analyzing the marketplace, creating compelling characters,and finding your own voice. Wainger also:
- Demystifies the sub-genres of the romance world, fromhistorical, contemporary, and multicultural to paranormal, romanticsuspense, and Christian/inspirational
- Explains plotting, pacing, and writing those crucial lovescenes
- Discusses how to conduct research, assign credits, and getpermissions
- Helps you decide whether it’s best to write alone or witha partner
Complete with a manuscript preparation checklist, tips forrevising your work smoothly and successfully, guidance inunderstanding and negotiating a contract, and a list of romancewriting resources, Writing A Romance Novel For Dummies isyour one-stop guide to becoming a published novelist!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: