Explore the latest groundbreaking e-government insider information!
The World of E-Government investigates how electronic communication is helping to revolutionize democracies across the globe. Using case studies, cutting-edge research, and commentary from some of the field’s foremost researchers, practitioners, and industry leaders, this first-of-its-kind volume explores the enormous future potential of e-government as it links all world citizens locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. This pioneering text offers the experiences of many leading countries using electronic government, showing you what mistakes they made, the benefits they’ve reaped, and the impact of e-government to democracy, traditional government, and international commerce.
Contributors to this timely book include some of the world’s leading practitioners in e-government-people who were actually involved in establishing and shaping the experiences of countries now ranked as leaders in e-government projects. These authorities reveal how their countries successfully implemented e-strategies to directly benefit their citizens. The World of E-Government details how electronic government is being used to govern and change the lives of citizens online in such areas of the world as:
- the United States
- the European Union
- New Zealand
- how to best plan for citizen use of e-government
- how countries have avoided waste and unnecessary spending
- how e-government can move forward by using optimal planning and previous experiences
- what citizens expect of e-government in countries around the globe
- the realities, the latest initiatives, and the future of e-government in America, Europe, and elsewhere
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: