It's sometimes called a hidden epidemic: One in ten Americans--more than twenty million people, most of them women--has a thyroid disorder. At any given time, millions of people have an undiagnosed thyroid disorder and experience a chronic mental anguish that almost certainly arises from the very same source. Yet many primary-care doctors still don't recognize the importance of the thyroid in mind-body health--and its especially crucial role in women's well-being.
The Thyroid Solution is a must-read for anyone who suffers from a thyroid condition. It's the first mind-body approach to identifying and curing thyroid imbalances. Written by a medical pioneer and leading authority in the field of thyroid research, this groundbreaking book offers Dr. Ridha Arem's practical program for maintaining thyroid health through diet, exercise, and stress control--and through his revolutionary medical plan, which combines two types of hormone treatments with astounding results. Inside you'll discover
- The thyroid basics--what it is, where it is, what it does
- How thyroid hormones affect the brain and alter mood, emotions, and behavior
leading to brain fog, weight gain, loss of libido, infertility, anxiety, and depression
- What tests to ask your doctor to give you--and what they mean
- The vital connection between stress and thyroid imbalance
- The benefits of antioxidants and essential fatty-acid foods and supplements
- How to recognize and cure the deep and lingering effects of a thyroid imbalance
Filled with remarkable patient histories and interviews that document the dramatic results of Dr. Arem's bold new treatments, The Thyroid Solution now gives you and your doctor the tools you need to live a life with peace of
mind . . . and body.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: