Damn Small Linux (DSL) is a super-efficient platform for everything from custom desktops to professional servers. Now, DSL’s creator and lead developer have written the first definitive, practical guide to this remarkable system. The Official Damn Small Linux Book brings together everything you need to put DSL to work in just minutes. Simply learn a few essentials and master the rest...one step at a time, hands-on.
If you’re new to Linux, you can quickly discover how to use DSL to take your data on the road, safely running your programs and personal environment on nearly any computer. Easily adapt DSL to run on anything from an alternative device (Internet appliance, hand-held, diskless PC, or mini-ITX system) to an older PC that might otherwise be headed for landfill.
Use this book to
- Run DSL at blazing speed, USB pen drive, or directly from RAM
- Run DSL from your hard drive or in a virtual environment within Windows
- Add applications and create shareable extensions
- Customize and remaster DSL to create your own distribution
- Build a complete music and multimedia server
- Use Skype VoIP phone service in DSL
- Quickly set up an XAMPP Web server, complete with MySQL, PHP, and Perl, to host your personal Web pages
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: