The second edition of The Music Industry Self Help Guide is a fortified version of its predecessor that goes into greater detail of artist development along with many other topics that are critical to your career advancement.
This book provides you with the tools you will need to create a solid and practical foundation that will serve as a launchpad for all of your professional endeavors, and also contains valuable insight on building visibility and leverage for yourself within this industry.
This book will prepare you to meet the demands of today’s underground and independent markets while also serving as a guide to help you navigate an industry that requires new DIY artists to take control of multiple aspects of their career and actively pursue their own destiny.
Eliminate a majority of the guesswork you will face and place yourself ahead of the curve by jumping right into comprehensive information that many artists don’t have due to lack of experience, lack of access to information, and even, at times, complete lack of common sense.
Educate yourself on the problems that permeate today’s industry, enable yourself to play a more active role in your music scene, and establish yourself as a sustainable artist that is a viable candidate for large scale opportunities.
Over the span of 34 Chapters, the reader can expect to obtain a working knowledge of;
- A step-by-step guide on how to fill out a copyright form,
- Basic music theory,
- songwriting and composition,
- formation of bands and businesses,
- creating your brand,
- marketing your product,
- the importance of a fanbase and a support structure,
- copyright information,
- publishing and performing rights organizations,
- presskits and interviews,
- working with labels and management,
- problems with promoters,
- how to book your own shows,
- do it yourself touring,
- performance riders and guarantees,
- correcting problems with live sound,
- violence and shows,
- chemical dependency
- and how it effects your group,
- the practices of independent and underground music scenes in different genres,
- a detailed analysis of the current state and future of the music industry along with other useful and valuable information for emerging artists.
Much more information lies withing the 402 pages of this book including resources that bands and artists can implement immediately for their own benefit.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: