With the current turmoil in the Middle East, there is a growinginterest about Islam—the world’s second largestreligion and one of the fastest growing—and its holy book,the Koran (or Qur’an). Now, with this easy-to-follow,plain-English guide, you can explore the history, structure, andbasic tenets of Islam’s sacred scripture.
The Koran For Dummies is for non-Muslims interested inthe Koran as well as Muslims looking to deepen their understanding.Islamic scholar Sohaib Sultan provides a clear road map,revealing:
- The meaning of Koran and its basic message
- The Koran’s place in history and in Islamic spirituallife
- Explanations of its language, structure, and narrativestyle
- How to live by the Koran’s teachings
- The Koran’s role in key global issues, such as Jihad vs.terrorism
- Different interpretations of the Koran
No other book provides such a straightforward look at what theKoran says, how it says it, and how believers live according to itsguidance. From how the Koran was received by Mohammed and how itwas compiled to how it’s interpreted by Islam’s twomain branches, you’ll see how to put the Islamic faith inperspective.
Plus, you’ll discover:
- What the Koran really says about women and civil law
- How Islam relates to Judaism and Christianity
- The Koran’s view of God, prophets, mankind, and theself
- How its teachings are lived and recited every day by devoutMuslims
- Common misconceptions of the Koran
- How to raise a family the Koranic way
Complete with lists of important passages, Koranic terminology,famous quotes, and further reading resources, The Koran ForDummies makes it easy and enjoyable for you to grasp theteachings and significance of Islam's holy book.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: