In real-life conflict resolution situations, one size does not fitall. Just as a mechanic does not fix every car with the same tool,the conflict resolution practitioner cannot hope to resolve everydispute using the same technique.
Practitioners need to be comfortable with a wide variety oftools to diagnose different problems, in vastly differentcircumstances, with different people, and resolve these conflictseffectively. The Conflict Resolution Toolbox gives you allthe tools you need: eight different models for dealing with themany conflict situations you encounter in your practice.
This book bridges the gap between theory and practice and goesbeyond just one single model to present a complete toolbox - arange of models that can be used to analyze, diagnose, and resolveconflict in any situation. It shows mediators, negotiators,managers, and anyone needing to resolve conflict how to simply andeffectively understand and assess the situations of conflict theyface. And it goes a step further, offering specific, practicalguidance on how to intervene to resolve the conflictsuccessfully.
Each model provides a different and potentially useful angle onthe problem, and includes worksheets and a step-by-step process toguide the reader in applying the tools.
- Offers eight models to help you understand the root causes ofany conflict.
- Explains each model's focus, what kind of situations it can beuseful in and, most importantly, what interventions are likely tohelp.
- Provides you with clear direction on what specific actions tochoose to resolve a particular type of conflict effectively.
- Features a detailed case study throughout the book, to whicheach model is applied.
- Additional examples and case studies unique to each chaptergive the reader a further chance to see the models in action.
- Includes practical tools and worksheets that you can use inworking with these models in your practice.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: