Because performance is paramount today, this thoroughly updated guide shows you how to test mission-critical applications for scalability and performance before you deploy them—whether it’s to the cloud or a mobile device. You’ll learn the complete testing process lifecycle step-by-step, along with best practices to plan, coordinate, and conduct performance tests on your applications.
- Set realistic performance testing goals
- Implement an effective application performance testing strategy
- Interpret performance test results
- Cope with different application technologies and architectures
- Understand the importance of End User Monitoring (EUM)
- Use automated performance testing tools
- Test traditional local applications, web applications, and web services
- Recognize and resolves issues often overlooked in performance tests
Written by a consultant with over 15 years’ experience with performance testing, The Art of Application Performance Testing thoroughly explains the pitfalls of an inadequate testing strategy and offers a robust, structured approach for ensuring that your applications perform well and scale effectively when the need arises.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: