An illustrated guide to healthy, sustainable, andhigh-performing design methodologies
"A great deal of expertise, hands-on experience, and thoroughresearch has gone into the preparation of Annette Stelmack's book.In this era, managing complex issues for healthier, greener, safer,and more resilient communities more effectively has become a majorpriority. An essential guide and much needed tool, it will enableinterior designers to create homes within communities that arebetter places for our current and next generations."
-Linda Sorrento, FASID, IIDA, LEED-AP BD+C, ExecutiveDirector, National Academy of Environmental Design, Washington,DC
"It is rare indeed to find a green building professional who hasthe depth and breadth of knowledge and experience as AnnetteStelmack. You just can't find a better resource on sustainableinterior design."
-Peter Yost, LEED-AP, Principal and Vice President,Technical Services, BuildingGreen, Inc.
Environmental and health issues affecting the design ofhomes have moved into the mainstream as sustainable design hasgrown exponentially over the past decade. Today, there arecountless resources available to the general public, demanding thatresidential interior designers understand, adopt and implement thecurrent body of knowledge. As a result of this, it is essentialthat interior designers be the catalysts for change by providing upto date, credible, and responsible services.
The Second Edition of Sustainable Residential Interiorsaddresses cutting- edge processes, strategies, and principles aswell as details for in-depth product vetting criteria.Award-winning, leading interior designer Annette Stelmack sharesher expertise from the perspective of LEED BuildingDesign &Construction projects, healthy interiors, and chemicalsensitivities, addressing principles, strategies, and solutions fordesign practitioners. A comprehensive update of the current stateof the sustainable interior
design industry is provided, including present and upcomingindustry transformations, thought-leading principles, strategiesand practices
for project implementation, and fine points and resources forin-depth product vetting to support high-performing, healthyinteriors.
Sustainable Residential Interiors takes readers throughan integrated design process, demonstrating relevant principles andpractices that apply to essentially any interiors project towardcreating an environment that is healthy, high-performing,functional, sustainable, and beautiful. In doing so, it:
- Promotes critical thinking about health and environmentalissues in the building industry
- Features checklists and current resources, providing a"hands on" practical approach
- Addresses in-depth, applicable third party certificationsand details on relevant building rating systems
- Provides in-depth strategies and criteria for fixed interiorfinishes, fixtures, equipment and furnishings
- Demonstrates successful, relevant, diverse and inspiringcase studies
- Delivers comprehensive tools and resources for researchingand vetting products' composition and chemical make-up.
- Evaluates all aspects of a building's interior to identifyand implement methods that: save energy and water; reduce Co2emissions and waste; improve indoor air quality free of toxins; andare responsive to environmental impacts
- Encourages forward-thinking by featuring inspirationalstatements from mentors, peers, and industry leaders
- Urges interior designers to commit to designing safe,healthy environments that are integral to a professional code ofethics, which ensure the delivery of positive outcomes for theclient and any building's future occupants
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: