If you were to analyze your team’s performance on a typical project, you’d be surprised how much time is wasted on non-productive tasks. This hands-on guide shows you how to work more efficiently by organizing and managing projects with SharePoint 2010. You’ll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can effectively coordinate communication and collaboration among team members.
Written by a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) and Microsoft SharePoint MVP with 15 years of IT project management experience, each chapter includes step-by-step guides as well as workshops that help you practice what you learn.
- Build a SharePoint PMIS that requires little assistance from your IT/IS department
- Define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
- Centralize project artifacts and keep track of document history with version control
- Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
- Automate project reporting and use web parts to generate on-demand status reports
- Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Apply your knowledge of PMIS techniques by working with a case study throughout the book
"If you are a project manager looking for a technology-based, easily implemented, and usable solution for project communications, document management, and general project organization, this book is for you!"
–Susan Weese, PgMP, President and Founder, Rhyming Planet
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: