In just 24 sessions of one hour or less, you’ll learn how to build high performance games for Windows Phone 7 with Microsoft’s free XNA 4.0 toolset. Using this book’s straightforward, step-by-step approach, you’ll master all the skills you need to design, develop, test, and publish highly playable games for any WP7 device. You’ll learn how to integrate game logic, touch screen user input, bitmaps, animations, audio, physics effects, GPS location services, and more. Each lesson builds on what you’ve already learned, culminating in the construction of a complete game—and giving you a rock-solid foundation for real-world success!
Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Windows Phone 7 game development tasks.
Quizzes and Exercises at the end of each chapter help you test your knowledge.
By the Way notes present interesting information related to the discussion.
Did You Know? tips offer advice or show you easier ways to perform tasks.
Watch Out! cautions alert you to possible problems and give you advice on how to avoid them.
Learn how to…
- Develop fast, playable Windows Phone 7 games with XNA 4.0
- Get and manage user touch screen input
- Draw 2D bitmapped images, and bring them to life as sprites
- Transform sprites using rotation, scaling, and velocity calculations
- Detect and handle collisions between game objects
- Create surprisingly realistic animation effects
- Master sophisticated finite state programming techniques
- Integrate GPS Location Services into your game
- Make the most of Windows Phone audio
- Read, write, and save game files
- Create your game’s Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Implement realistic physics effects, including gravity and acceleration
- Tweak gameplay to make your games more fun
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: