The most concise, clearly written, and up-to-date review of medical microbiology and immunology
Essential for USMLE review and medical microbiology coursework!
Review of Medical Microbiology and Immunology is a succinct, high-yield review of the medically important aspects of microbiology and immunology. It covers both the basic and clinical aspects of bacteriology, virology, mycology, parasitology, and immunology and also discusses important infectious diseases using an organ system approach. The book emphasizes the real-world clinical application of microbiology and immunology to infectious diseases and offers a unique mix of narrative text, color images, tables and figures, Q&A, and clinical cases.
Content valuable to any study objective or learning style:
- 654 USMLE-style practice questions test your knowledge and understanding
- 50 clinical cases illustrate the importance of basic science in clinical diagnosis
- A complete USMLE-style practice exam consisting of 80 questions
- Pearls for the USMLE impart important basic science information
- Concise summaries of medically important microorganisms
- Self-assessment questions with answers appear at the end of almost every chapter
- Color images depict clinically important findings
- Gram stains of bacteria, electron micrographs of viruses, and microscopic images depict fungi, protozoa, and worms
- NINE NEW CHAPTERS on infectious diseases from an organ system perspective
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: