Are you concerned about your pension? In today’s tumultuousbusiness environment, you have every right to be. With revisedpension laws and under-the-table pension cuts by companies makingwaves, you have to be ever vigilant about protecting what you have.
Protecting Your Pension For Dummies helps you dojust that. This easy-to-follow guide explains all the latestpension laws, what your rights are, and the best ways to keep yourmoney safe. It demystifies the various types of pension plans andoutlines just what it takes to qualify for a pension. Once yourplan is set up, you’ll see how to navigate companybankruptcies, mergers, and pension cutbacks, as well as divorces,loans, and personal bankruptcy—and take action ifyou’ve been shortchanged to recoup what is rightfully yours.You get all the expert guidance you need to:
- Understand the Pension Protection Act of 2006
- Evaluate different pension plans
- Plan for retirement while you’re working
- Ensure that you get your pension
- Request essential plan documents
- Understand eligibility, accrual, and vesting
- Guard your pension from your employer—and fromlife’s ups and downs
- Understand pension distributions
- And much more
Complete with a glossary of terms and an appendix of charts andforms discussed throughout the book, Protecting Your PensionFor Dummies is the fun and easy way® to grasp all theimportant pension rules—and retire with a full nest egg!
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: