mod_perl embeds the popular programming language Perl in the Apache web server, giving rise to a fast and powerful web programming environment. Practical mod_perl is the definitive book on how to use, optimize, and troubleshoot mod_perl.
New mod_perl users will learn how to quickly and easily get mod_perl compiled and installed. But the primary purpose of this book is to show you how to take full advantage of mod_perl: how to make a mod_perl-enabled Web site as fast, flexible, and easily-maintainable as possible. The authors draw from their own personal experience in the field, as well as the combined experience of the mod_perl community, to present a rich and complete picture of how to set up and maintain a successful mod_perl site.
This book is also the first book to cover the "next generation" of mod_perl: mod_perl 2.0, a completely rewritten version of mod_perl designed for integration with Apache 2.0, which for the first time supports threads.
The book covers the following topics, and more:
- Configuring mod_perl optimally for your web site
- Porting and optimizing programs for a mod_perl environment
- Performance tuning: getting the very fastest performance from your site
- Controlling and monitoring the server to circumvent crashes and clogs
- Integrating with databases efficiently and painlessly
- Debugging tips and tricks
- Maximizing security
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: