Written by the American Society of PeriAnesthesia Nurses (ASPAN), this all-in-one reference includes all of the vital information you need to succeed on the CAPA and CPAN certification exams and excel in practice. Coverage of both in-hospital and ambulatory care makes PeriAnesthesia Nursing Core Curriculum, 2nd Edition the perfect text for any care setting. Plus, new chapters on bariatric care and postoperative and postdischarge nausea and vomiting and the newest guidelines in all key clinical areas keep you up to date with the latest advances and concerns in the field.
- Authored by ASPAN -- the ultimate authority on scope of practice, competency, and patient care in perianesthesia nursing -- for the most reliable content available.
- Combined perianesthesia nursing and ambulatory surgical nursing core curriculum focuses on the full scope of perianesthesia nursing regardless of the setting, making it an ideal resource for in-hospital and ambulatory practice.
- An entire section on life span considerations addresses basic human growth and development changes for each major age group to prepare you to treat patients of any age.
- Competency of Preoperative Assessment and Core Competencies of PACU Nursing provide the thorough coverage you need to prepare for and pass the CAPA and CPAN exams.
- A section on surgical specialties includes detailed information for each specialty area including anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology, operative procedures, postanesthesia priorities, extended observation, and potential complications including anesthesia and pain management.
- Appendixes on certification and test-taking strategies provide outstanding tools to prepare for success on the perianesthesia certification exams.
- Expert editors Lois Schick and Pamela Windle share their years of experience in the field and as former Presidents of ASPAN to provide current, clinically-applicable perianesthesia patient care information.
- Postoperative and Postdischarge Nausea and Vomiting chapter helps you identify patients more likely to be at risk for nausea and vomiting, take preventive measures, and provide proper care.
- Bariatric Care covers screening, pre-procedure, and post-procedure care of patients undergoing bariatric surgery and prepares you for the special challenges and concerns associated with this patient population.
- Updated 2008-2010 Standards on all perianesthesia topics have been implemented throughout to ensure you have the latest content to study for both the CAPA and CPAN exams and provide the best, most cutting-edge patient care possible.
- Increased coverage of ambulatory care integrated into each surgical care chapter includes vital information on assessing, caring for, and educating patients of outpatient procedures before sending them home.
- The Care and Surgical chapters have been combined to make it easy to find the relevant care information for each surgical procedure by specialty.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: