Being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS) doesn’t have tomean your life is over. Everyone’s MS is different and no onecan predict exactly what yours will be like.
The fact is, lots of people live their lives with MSwithout making a full-time job of it.
MS for Dummies gives you easy to access, easy tounderstand information about what happens with MS—what kindsof symptoms it can cause, how it can affect your life at home andat work, what you can do to feel and function up to snuff, and howyou can protect yourself and your family against the long-termunpredictability of the disease. You'll learn:
- Why some people get MS and others don’t
- How to make treatment and lifestyle choices that work foryou
- What qualities to look for in a neurologist and in the rest ofyour healthcare team
- How to manage fatigue, walking problems, and visualchanges
- Why the road to diagnosis can be full of twists and turns
- How to understand the pros and cons of alternativemedicine
- Why and how to talk to your kids about MS
- How to find stress management strategies that work for you
- Your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act
Complete with listings of valuable resources such as otherbooks, Web sites, and community agencies and organizations that youcan tap for information or assistance, MS for Dummies willtell you everything you need to know in order to make educatedchoices and comfortable decisions about life with MS.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: