For more than twenty-five years, Mothering magazine has captured an audience of educated women who appreciate its "we'll inform, you choose" approach to parenting. Having a Baby, Naturally reflects this spirit with straightforward, uncensored information about pregnancy and childbirth, addressing common concerns and questions in a compassionate, nonjudgmental style.
Written by Peggy O'Mara, the longtime publisher, editor, and owner of Mothering magazine, it synthesizes the best theories and safest practices used in natural childbirth, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, the American Academy of Pediatrics, and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Throughout, O'Mara reinforces her belief that each woman's pregnancy and birth experience is a one-of-a-kind event. She covers such topics as:
- Nutrition, diet, and exercise
- Emotional self-awareness during and after pregnancy
- A trimester-by-trimester guide to what is happening in your body and your child's
- Birth choices -- offering suggestions, not "rules"
- Pain medication alternatives
- Birth locations, from hospitals to home birth
- Relieving morning sickness with natural remedies
- Prenatal testing
- Prematurity and multiple births
- Balancing work and family
- The father's role during pregnancy and beyond
- Difficult subjects, such as birth defects, miscarriages, and postpartum depression, are also treated with sensitivity and candor.
Finally, a book for the thinking woman who believes in her own inherent capacity to make smart, informed decisions about her pregnancy and birth, just as she makes in other areas of her life. Having a Baby, Naturally is a celebration of childbirth and an accurate and objective guide to helping women fortify their spirits, develop trust in their bodies, and make the best possible choices to protect their new baby's health.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: