The most comprehensive, realistic, and useful guide to Microsoft Lync Server 2013, today’s leading Unified Communications system.
Four expert Lync consultants and implementers bring together in-the-trenches guidance for all facets of planning, integration, deployment, and administration. The authors introduce Microsoft Lync Server 2013, outline what it can do, and review the key improvements Microsoft has made in this version.
They cover every form of communication Lync Server can manage, including IP voice, instant messaging, audio/video conferencing, web conferencing, and more. You’ll find expert guidance on planning infrastructure, managing day-to-day operations, server roles, multi-platform clients, security, troubleshooting, and much more.
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Unleashed contains a new section on Office 365 and Lync Online, a chapter covering coexistence between on-premise and Office 365 Lync deployments, and another introducing Lync online configuration and administration.
Throughout, the authors combine theory, step-by-step configuration instructions, and best practices from real enterprise environments. They identify common mistakes and present proven solutions and workarounds. Simply put, they tell you what works--and show how it’s done.
Detailed information on how to…
• Plan for any type of deployment, from simple to highly complex--including virtualized environments
• Walk step-by-step through installation, and understand important new changes in the installation process
• Overcome obstacles to successful migration from older versions of Lync or Microsoft Office Communications Server
• Manage server roles, including Front End, Edge, Monitoring, Archiving, and Director roles
• Efficiently administer Lync Server 2013 through the Lync Server Management Shell
• Leverage Lync Server 2013’s significantly improved capabilities as a PBX replacement and videoconferencing solution
• Integrate Lync with third-party video platforms, voice/video gateways, and cloud services
• Evaluate the option of providing Lync services through Microsoft Office 365 hosting
• Make the most of Lync Server 2013’s dramatically upgraded web, mobile, and desktop clients
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: