Mergers & Acquisitions and Partnerships in China provides a fast and accessible framework to external growth in China, and is an attempt to accurately describe the main operative conditions and in particular the most common pitfalls for foreign businessmen. The business cases in this book illustrate real business situations, including different outcomes and a thorough analysis of the reasons for success or failure of the case. The authors provide all the necessary tools to better master the negotiation and transaction process, and provide in particular, detailed explanation on the due diligence process and the regulatory framework to help readers successfully lead acquisitions in China.
Written by well-known experts in finance, law, and management, who all have deep business knowledge of China, the book aims to help practitioners, such as law firms, audit and advisory firms, and entrepreneurs to start or grow their businesses in China through successful partnerships, and acquisitions and mergers by explaining how these aspects are regulated by a complex web of laws, regulatory, and political practices in a context where the state plays a key role in the approval of important transactions.Contents:
- Introduction (Olivier Coispeau)
- Preparing for an External Growth Operation in China (Olivier Coispeau and Stéphane Luo)
- Initial Approach of the External Growth Operation (Olivier Coispeau, Stéphane Luo and Thierry Labarre)
- Managing Acquisitions Risks (Frank Zheng, Thierry Labarre, Josephine Chow, Steven Yu and Olivier Coispeau)
- Negotiating Effectively (Olivier Coispeau)
- Closing the Transaction (Olivier Coispeau and Stéphane Luo)
- Seven Case Studies of Mergers & Acquisitions and Partnerships in China (Olivier Coispeau)
Readership: Advanced corporate finance students; emerging market students, in particular those working on China; corporate finance professionals, lawyers, auditors, and strategy officials; officers in charge of M&A in international companies and responsible for strategy, with a specific interest in the China market.
- Unique comprehensive and multifaceted vision on how to succeed in negotiating partnerships and acquisitions in China
- Compact and effective book written to deliver the most critical and needed information including related laws from China
- Five case studies to facilitate an in-depth understanding of key issues in M&A and partnerships in China
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: