Learn cutting-edge 3D animation techniques
Create breathtaking content for film, TV, games, print media, and the Web using Autodesk Maya and the detailed information contained in this comprehensive resource. Maya experts and special effects gurus Tom Meade and Shinsaku Arima cover every step in the Maya production workflow using easy-to-follow tutorials, real-world examples, and insider tips and tricks.
Maya 8: The Complete Reference shows you how to use the latest version of Maya to its full potential. You'll learn to integrate motion, create complex effects, manipulate lighting, render your final animation, and prepare for postproduction.
- Build 3D models using polygons, NURBS, and subdivision surfaces
- Use displacement maps to enhance geometry
- Create and skin skeletons
- Connect the attributes of any nodes together
- Build a control rig to manipulate skeletons
- Create your own tools using MEL scripts
- Master the Hypershade to control textures, cameras, and lights
- Work with the Artisan tools, Paint Effects tools, and 3D Paint tools
- Render your animation for postproduction
Ready-to-use sample files on DVD
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: