Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet Australia is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience the magic of Sydney Opera House, snorkel with the tropical fish in the Great Barrier Reef, or watch the sunset over Ayers Rock; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Australia and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Australia Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - culture, history, art, film, music, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, and wine
- Free, convenient pull-out Sydney map (included in print version), plus over 150 local maps
- Useful features - including What's New, Month-by-Month (annual festival calendar), and Walking Tours
- Coverage of Melbourne, Sydney, the Great Barrier Reef, Darwin, Uluru, Perth, Queensland, Adelaide, New South Wales, Victoria, Tasmania, Canberra, Brisbane, Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Phillip Island, Launceston, and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps to avoid roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities to get to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Australia, our most comprehensive guide to Australia, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Australia? Check out Lonely Planet's Discover Australia, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
- Looking for a guide focused on Sydney or Melbourne? Check out Lonely Planet's Sydney guide or Melbourne & Victoria guide for a comprehensive look at all that each of these cities has to offer, or Lonely Planet's Pocket Sydney, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Charles Rawlings-Way, Meg Worby, Brett Atkinson, Lindsay Brown, Jayne D'Arcy, Anthony Ham, Paul Harding, Shawn Low, Virginia Maxwell, Tom Spurling, and Steve Waters.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off the beaten track and understand more of the nature and culture of the places they find themselves in.
*#1 in the world market share - source: Nielsen Bookscan. Australia, UK and USA. March 2012-January 2013
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: