Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Alaska is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Watch playful bears and breaching whales, catch a ferry to remote islands, explore the nightlife of Anchorage, or fill up at a Salmon Bake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Alaska and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Alaska Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - landscapes, wildlife, culture
- Free, convenient pull-out Alaska map (included in print version), plus over 35 color maps
- Covers Juneau, Anchorage, Prince William Sound, Denali, Kodiak, Katmai, Kenai Peninsula and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalize your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Alaska, our most comprehensive guide to Alaska, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Canada guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Brendan Sainsbury, Greg Benchwick and Catherine Bodry.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveler community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: