Find complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures, 6th Edition covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all. In Part I, you'll find an alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. In Part II, you’ll find descriptions of virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. This edition is updated with the latest research and over 20 NEW test entries. Written by educator Cynthia Chernecky and clinical nurse specialist Barbara Berger, this lab reference covers today’s lab tests with concise, easy-to-use information.
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included - more than any other reference!
- Over 600 diseases, conditions, and symptoms are listed, along with the tests used to confirm them.
- Alphabetical organization and A-to-Z thumb tabs make it easy to find the information you’re looking for.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to simplify lookup.
- Instructions for client and family teaching help you offer guidance concerning test preparation and follow-up care.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan coverage.
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your patients and provide effective care.
- Panic Level Symptoms and Treatment are provided for dangerously increased and decreased levels.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, useful when a client’s blood preservation is essential, as well as information on whether blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, making this a lab, diagnostic, and toxicology book all in one.
- Abbreviations, measurement prefixes, and symbols are listed on the front and back covers for convenience.
- Information on herbal supplements indicates when a client’s use of natural remedies might affect test results.
- Over 20 NEW test entries present the latest tests and procedures, with a strong focus on affordable, clinically relevant genetic tests.
- UPDATED content includes the latest research relating to accuracy of tests, diagnostic value of results, and associated cost-benefit ratios.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: