All social work students study theory and undertake practice placements. Integrating the two – so that each informs the other – is both essential and notoriously tricky. This accessible book demystifies the process and offers helpful evidence-based strategies for doing it successfully.
Structured around different approaches to learning, Integrating Social Work Theory and Practice covers:
- Adult and student centred learning
- Learning and teaching techniques and assessment methods
- How to locate and identify theory
- How to critically analyse theory
- Key theoretical concepts in social science
- Issues surrounding anti-oppressive theory and practice
- Methods of intervention
- Integrating theory and practice in academic work and on placements.
This essential text helps students to identify, critically analyse and apply theory appropriately, enhancing their practice. It will be useful to all social work students struggling with the theory-practice gap.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: