If you or someone you love suffers from heartburn, you know that itcan be very disruptive to your daily life. Most heartburn suffererssay it stops them from enjoying food. Others say it keeps them fromgetting a good night’s sleep, it makes it hard to concentrateat work, and it interferes with family activities. Sound familiar?Don’t worry. Heartburn is a pain, but it can be helped.
Heartburn & Reflux For Dummies is the plain-Englishguide to relief for you if you’ve been recently diagnosedwith heartburn or reflux, if you suspect you may suffer from it, orif you’re concerned about your loved ones. This comprehensivebook shows you how to recognize symptoms, get an accuratediagnosis, and work with a physician to receive the most effectivetreatment available. You’ll see how to:
- Get your symptoms under control
- Find the right physician
- Reduce stress and fine-tune your diet
- Avoid medicines that trigger upset
- Decide if surgery is right for you
This friendly guide explains what the various forms of refluxare, as all too often reflux is either self-treated or mistreatedand followed by serious complications. There’s detailedinformation on building a comfortable lifestyle by reducing stress,improving your diet, controlling portions, and timing your meals tominimize heartburn and reflux. Plus, this sensitive guide evencovers heartburn in infants, children, and the elderly.You’ll also discover:
- How to heal the esophagus of inflammation or injury, as well asmanage or prevent complications
- The latest information on prescription medications and sideeffects
- Healthy habits to adopt to reduce your pain triggers
- Helpful home remedies and alternative medicine
- The special risks and remedies for heartburn duringpregnancy
- The side effects and complications associated with surgery
Complete with a catalog of heartburn medicines and a list ofreliable Web sites for people with digestive disorders,Heartburn & Reflux For Dummies is your one-stop guide tostopping the hurt, starting to heal, and enjoying food again!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: