The most complete, authoritative guide available on the diagnosis and treatment of disorders affecting the elderly -- updated with a new global perspective
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
"In addition to serving as a timely, comprehensive, state-of-the-art textbook of geriatric medicine anchored in science, evidence-based medicine, and patient-centered practice, the book also is intended to meet the learning needs of fellows in geriatric medicine. The authors succeed in modeling a textbook of geriatric medicine on textbooks of internal medicine. 3 Stars."--Doody's Review Service
The undisputed leader on the subject of geriatrics, this comprehensive guide combines gerontology principles with clinical geriatrics offering unmatched coverage of this area of medicine.
Written by some of the world's most respected geriatricians, Hazzard's Principles of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology presents the most up-to-date, evidence-based medical information available -- in a revamped 2-color design that makes finding the answers to your questions faster and easier than ever.
- A greater emphasis on evidence-based medicine through the expanded use of Clinical Practice Guidelines and references to systematic reviews and critically appraised topics
- A new international advisory board of 12 global authorities and an increased number of international contributors for a greater global perspective
- Important new chapters on the cultural aspects of geriatrics, emergency geriatrics, hospital geriatrics, international geriatric care, and rural geriatric care
- Information integrated with additional online resources
- Tables, drawings, and clinical algorithms made even more effective by a new two-color design
- 300 illustrations (including 64 in a full-color insert)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: