Frontier Towns On the Mekong
This ebook is for the modern traveler – the bold, the brave, and those that want to use technology for new insights.
Our quirky Frontier Town (Nakhon Phanom) is the perfect place to use as a base for adventure, research, exploration, chill-out and more:
* The most spectacular river-caves in the world are across the Mekong in Laos
* Ancient stone walls (equal to those in Angkor Wat) can be found meandering the Mekong
* Relics of the Buddha are enshrined in many of the Khmer-style temples throughout the region
* The Rua-Fai-Festival to honour the Naga-spirit is awesome, and the means for making these candle-lit boats remains unchanged for centuries
* Chill-out could be a day (or days) wandering among Mom & Pop restaurants providing deliciously healthy food, in unforgettable ambiance – and the modest costs will also surprise you
* Beautiful pictures to enhance each subject.
This part of Thailand, Isaan, remains remote. The formidable power of iPads/eReaders harness the technology, and Frontier Towns provides the information, so that visitors can enjoy unique and unforgettable days in Frontier Towns on the Mekong.
- eBookIt.com, October 2013
- Download options:
- EPUB 2 (Adobe DRM)
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: