Easier to understand than a camera manual and shorter than a 400-page how-to book, this compact guide is designed to quickly introduce the various modes available on your DSLR so that you can begin using each one as soon as possible. There are sections introducing Auto, Scene, Program, Shutter Priority, Aperture Priority, and Manual modes. The basics of concepts like ISO, white balance, and exposure compensation are also explained, with tips on using these settings, selecting lenses, and choosing the right file type.
1. Auto / Scene Modes: “Just like my point-and-shoot!”
2. Program Mode: First step toward freedom.
3. ISO / White Balance / Exposure Compensation / Flash Compensation: Minding the details.
4. Shutter/Aperture Priority Modes: Learning to control light.
5. Manual Mode & Manual Focus: Flying solo.
6. Post-processing: Raw? JPEG? What?
7. Lenses: Bending the light.
8. Flash: Beyond red-eye.
9. Accessories: Serve and protect.
10. Taking The Next Step.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: