The biochemistry of food is the foundation on which the researchand development advances in food biotechnology are built.
In Food Biochemistry and Food Processing, Second Edition,the editors have brought together more than fifty acclaimedacademicians and industry professionals from around the world tocreate this fully revised and updated edition. This book is anindispensable reference and text on food biochemistry and the everincreasing developments in the biotechnology of foodprocessing.
Beginning with sections on the essential principles of foodbiochemistry, enzymology, and food processing, the book then takesthe reader on commodity-by-commodity discussions of biochemistry ofraw materials and product processing. Chapters in this secondedition have been revised to include safety considerations and thechemical changes induced by processing in the biomolecules of theselected foodstuffs. This edition also includes a new section onhealth and functional foods, as well as ten new chapters includingthose on thermally and minimally processed foods, separationtechnology in food processing, and food allergens.
Food Biochemistry and Food Processing, second editionfully develops and explains the biochemical aspects of foodprocessing, and brings together timely and relevant topics in foodscience and technology in one package. This book is an invaluablereference tool for professional food scientists, researchers andtechnologists in the food industry, as well as faculty and studentsin food science, food technology and food engineering programs.
Dr. Benjamin K. Simpson, Department of Food Science andAgricultural Chemistry, McGill University, Quebec, Canada
- Professor Leo Nollet, Department of Applied EngineeringSciences, Hogeschool Ghent, Belgium
- Professor Fidel Toldrá, Instituto de Agroquímica yTecnología de Alimentos (CSIC), Valencia, Spain
- Professor Soottawat Benjakul, Department of Food Technology,Prince of Songkla University, Songkhla, Thailand
- Professor Gopinadhan Paliyath, Department of Plant Agriculture,University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
- Dr. Y. H. Hui, Consultant to the Food Industry, WestSacramento, California, USA
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: