"A fabulous resource for moms-to-be! In this comprehensive guide to nutrition and health during pregnancy, Ward provides solid, research-based answers to women's most frequently asked questions about diet, exercise, weight gain, and supplements and offers specific advice that's easy to incorporate into your daily routine.''
-Joy Bauer, M.S., R.D., bestselling author of Joy's Life Diet and nutrition/health expert for the Today Show
"Ward and the ADA serve up practical, easy-to-use advice that is sure to help inform and inspire new and expectant moms."
-Laura A. Jana, M.D., coauthor of Food Fights and Heading Home with Your Newborn
"Any woman who is even thinking about getting pregnant for the first or third time needs to read this excellent and timely book. Ward has done a fabulous job compiling the most recent scientific evidence about pregnancy and translating it into a fun, easy-to-read book with quick, nutritious, and delicious recipes."
-Kathleen M. Zelman, M.P.H, R.D., Director of Nutrition, WebMD
"This book shares a wealth of information that takes into account all the different ways a pregnant woman and new mother lives her life. It might be the only book on prenatal nutrition you'll ever need."
-Peg Moline, Editor in Chief, Fit Pregnancy magazine
Are you thinking of having a baby? Perhaps you're pregnant or nursing a newborn. Whatever the case, Expect the Best shows you how a healthy lifestyle from preconception to postdelivery will help you to have the brightest, healthiest child possible. You'll find dozens of useful, easy-to-follow tips for healthy eating and physical activity, including:
- Why you (and your partner) should achieve a healthy weight before trying for a baby, and how good nutrition helps maximize fertility in women and men
- Trimester-by-trimester advice about nutrition and exercise during pregnancy
- Safe postpregnancy weight loss, and the best eating plan for nursing moms
- How diet can help you handle conditions such as gestational diabetes and morning sickness
- 50 delicious, nutritious, and easy recipes your entire family will love
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: