Have you ever wondered what the phrase “God is dead”means? You’ll find out in Existentialism For Dummies,a handy guide to Nietzsche, Sartre, and Kierkegaard’sfavorite philosophy. See how existentialist ideas have influencedeverything from film and literature to world events and discoverwhether or not existentialism is still relevant today.
You’ll find an introduction to existentialism andunderstand how it fits into the history of philosophy. Thisinsightful guide will expose you to existentialism’s ideasabout the absurdity of life and the ways that existentialism guidespolitics, solidarity, and respect for others. There’s even asection on religious existentialism. You’ll be able toreviewkey existential themes and writings. Find out how to:
- Trace the influence of existentialism
- Distinguish each philosopher’s specific ideas
- Explain what it means to say that “God isdead”
- See culture through an existentialist lens
- Understand the existentialist notion of time, finitude, anddeath
- Navigate the absurdity of life
- Master the art of individuality
Complete with lists of the ten greatest existential films, tengreat existential aphorisms, and ten common misconceptions aboutexistentialism, Existentialism For Dummies is yourone-stop guide to a very influential school of thought.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: