All parents want their children to read well and to succeed–and experts agree that improving literacy begins at birth. Reading aloud to your child, sharing simple games and wordplay, and developing letter knowledge start your child off on the right foot for school and life. Now the esteemed Lee Pesky Learning Center has created this easy, accessible reference for parents to help foster better literacy skills in children. Topics are individually tailored for three age ranges–infant, toddler, and preschool–and include
• the best read-aloud books to develop sound awareness
• the perfect picture books for encouraging letter knowledge
• ways to promote verbal language and build vocabulary
• the benefits of symbolic play
• fun (and educational) games for car trips
• helping youngsters “write” at home
• great gift ideas for kids
• warning signs of a learning disability
The fundamentals of reading start at home. Every Child Ready to Read helps parents motivate their children to learn, and to become confident readers who will always enjoy reading.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Read This On
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: