This significantly revised new edition features an easy-to-use format that provides basic theory and assessment of neuromuscular conditions followed by an extensive overview of techniques specific to deep tissue massage Ñ including trigger point therapy, friction techniques, myofascial techniques, and stretching. Step-by-step treatment routines for the 22 most commonly encountered neuromuscular conditions are clearly outlined using detailed descriptions and illustrations side-by-side. Downloadable assessment forms and 90-minutes of video on proper deep tissue massage techniques are included on the companion Evolve website.
- Excellent organization and standard layout for each condition makes information easy to find and follow.
- Step-by-step routines for treatment of conditions are outlined using clear descriptions and illustrations side-by-side.
- Coverage of the most common techniques includes trigger point therapy, friction techniques, myofascial techniques, and stretching to give you an excellent base from which to start incorporating deep tissue massage into massage practice.
- Full color art program features a visually striking design with vibrant photos and illustrations that appeal to visual learners.
- Pedagogical features include learning objectives, key terms, and an end-of-book glossary to help you focus on key content.
- Appendices provide key resources on trigger points and pain referral patterns, indications/contraindications for deep tissues massage, and blank assessment forms for use in practice.
- Student resources on Evolve companion website provide downloadable assessment forms and videos of deep tissue techniques.
- NEW! 4-color art program features all new photos of the best techniques, body mechanics, and draping to better illustrate content.
- NEW! 90 minutes of video on the Evolve companion website vividly demonstrate the proper techniques needed to master deep tissue massage.
- NEW! Expanded coverage of theory and assessment gives you the background you need on documentation, techniques, and assessments before you begin learning how to perform deep tissue massage.
- NEW! Anatomic illustrations provide a refresher on pertinent anatomy right before the book heads into treatment coverage to reinforce the essential relationship between anatomy and proper massage.
- NEW! Expert reviewers, including Joe Muscolino, Sandy Fritz, and more, ensure material is accurate and appropriate for courses on deep tissue.
- NEW! Author Jeffrey Simancek, former Curriculum Manager for Corinthian and current massage educator, brings extensive career school teaching and curriculum experience to the book.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: