A unique structured approach to solving ethical issues that arise in daily clinical practice
A Doody's Core Title for 2011!
Clinical Ethics teaches the widely-known Four-Topics Method to help you make the right choice when facing complex ethical questions and dilemmas encountered during everyday patient care. You will learn an easy-to-apply system based on simple questions about medical indications, patient preferences, quality of life, and contextual features that clearly explain clinical ethics and helps you formulate a sound diagnosis and treatment strategy.
- Goes beyond theory to offer a solid decision-making strategy applicable to real-world practice
- Numerous clinical case examples link principles to everyday practice--many new to this edition
- Practical coverage of important legal issues
- Ethical considerations in palliative care, medically assisted death, clinical research, and other timely issues
- Perfect for students, trainees, clinicians, ethics committee members, nurses, and patients
- Handy four-topics chart pullout card
The content you need to make the right choice:
Introduction; Medical Intervention; Patient Preferences; Quality of Life; Contextual Features.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: