Frustration. Excitement. Frustration. Excitement.
I understand that learning Chinese can be a frequent switch between these 2 feelings. Well, this book is designed to assist you on your journey to learn the most intimidating skill in the Mandarin Chinese language: writing.
Let me be upfront with you: unless you're some kind of genius, in my experience as a native Chinese and as a Chinese language teacher there are absolutely no shortcuts. You can only learn writing Chinese by writing, pen on paper, once, twice, again and again, not only for the sake of practicing, but for communicating as well. Writing short paragraphs describing your daily activities, for example, are unbeatable. Many of us don't want to hear this, perhaps because we’ve already been through this strenuous process to learn writing in our native language, and although successful, we try to avoid going through it again.
However, there are ways to make this task easier, and “Chinese Writing” will introduce 178 of the most frequently used characters organized by their 75 radicals, and 287 highly frequently used words that can be written with these characters, making your study experience very practical. It's perfectly suited to be used both as a study guide and as a reference.
When buying this eBook you will get access to:
- An organized list of the 75 radicals and their meanings;
- Under each radical, the list of Chinese characters in alphabetical pinyin order;
- Images showing how to progressively write each character stroke by stroke, with a separate image per stroke;
- A subset of highly frequent Chinese words, from the official Chinese proficiency test Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) Levels 1 to 3, which you can write using these 178 characters;
- Free bonus included: access to a set of worksheets you can print out at home, to practice writing the characters and develop your hand motor memory.
Whether you're in need of becoming or simply want to be proficient in writing in Chinese, this book is a great choice.
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: