Have you ever had a craving for fried dumplings or hot and soursoup at midnight? Ever wonder how your local Chinese takeout makestheir food taste so good—and look so easy to make? Stilldon’t know the difference between Sichuan, Cantonese, andMandarin cooking? Discovering how to cook the Chinese way willleave you steaming, stir-frying, and food-styling like crazy!
The indescribably delicious cuisine of a fascinating country canfinally be yours. And in Chinese Cooking For Dummies, yourguide to the wonders and magic of the Chinese kitchen is none otherthan Martin Yan, host of the award-winning TV show Yan CanCook. In no time at all, you’ll be up to speed on whatcooking tools to use, how to stock your pantry and fridge, and themethods, centuries old, that have made dim sum, Egg Fu Young, KungPao Chicken, and fried rice universal favorites. You’ll alsobe able to:
- Think like a Chinese chef—usin g the Three Tenets ofChinese Cooking
- Choose and season a wok, select a chef’s knife, plusother basic tools of the trade
- Find the essential ingredients—and ask for them inChinese with a Chinese language (phonetic) version of black beansauce, hoisin sauce, plum sauce, bamboo shoots, and more
- Cook using a variety of methods—including stir frying,steaming, blanching, braising, and deep frying
And with over 100 recipes, arranged conveniently like a Chinesemenu, Chinese Cooking For Dummies lets you select fromany column in the comfort of your own kitchen...which is when thefun really begins. Imagine putting together your ideal meal fromthe book’s rich offering of recipes:
- Delectable morsels—including Baked Pork Buns, SpringRolls, Potstickers, Steamed Dumplings, and Shrimp Toast
- Seafood dishes—including Sweet and Sour Shrimp, andOysters in Black Bean Sauce
- Poultry dishes—including Moo Goo Gai Pan, Kung PaoChicken, and Honey Garlic Chicken
- Pork, beef, and lamb dishes—including Sichuan Spareribs,Tangerine Beef, and Mongolian Lamb
Chinese Cooking For Dummies gives you all of the basicsyou’ll need, letting you experience the rich culinarylandscape of China, one delicious dish at a time—and all,without leaving a tip!
You can read this item using any of the following Kobo apps and devices: